Work-life balance a key to a better work/life:
So far I’m sure you all know how important it is to find a job after immigrating to the US; we’ve previously talked about this but it’s not all.
Working is not all the thing you should do after immigration, you also need to live,
You need to live a great life, you earned it!
Let’s bring an example:
I want you to think about 2 different people,
Both have recently immigrated to the US, but the first one has started to enjoy every moment with different things and the other has started to work right away, which of these 2 will be more successful? Which one will reach his goals easier? The one that is just enjoying his life or the one that is just working?
Probably none of them,
Because the first one hasn’t taken any steps toward his goals, and the other one will be tired and disappointed very soon since he is just working! So what should they do? What is the key to a better life in the US, the land of opportunities?
How can we reach this balance?
- Take a look at your current status in life, do you have a work-life balance? If not, which of the two examples are you more alike, the first one or the second?
- Get to know how your brain and your body function, let them work in one direction.
- Prioritize, and try to plan for all the things you need to do in the next week, each weekend.
- Set a time for everything (playing games, eating, working, going out, using social media, …) and stick to them. Do not work after working hours.
- Avoid distractions while you’re working.
- Specify your goals and your values both in your professional and personal life and act accordingly.
- Traveling is also a part of your life and America can suggest different destinations for different tastes. Go on a trip during the holidays.
- What is the next solution? You tell us.