Vaibhav Reddy Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Sadhvi RS
Age: 43 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vaibhav Reddy
- Vaibhav Reddy is an Indian actor who predominantly works for the South Indian entertainment industry. In 2011, he came into the limelight after he appeared in the Tamil-language film Mankatha, wherein he played the role of Sumanth.
- He was born in a Telugu-speaking family in Chennai, India.
- Fascinated by acting, Vaibhav attended Asha Chandra School of Acting, Mumbai and Satyanand Acting Institute, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- In 2007, after he completed his acting course, he made his acting debut with his father, A. Kodandarami Reddy’s directed Telugu-language film Godava opposite Shraddha Arya in which he played the role of Balu; however, the film flopped.
- In 2008, he made his Tamil debut with the film Saroja, wherein he played the role of Raja Babu.
- In an interview, Vaibhav talked about the film Saroja and said that the director of the film, Venkat Prabhu, is his childhood friend and mentor. Vaibhav said,
We’ve been childhood friends and working with him is like working with family. He gave me a big break with Saroja in Tamil, so I’d be glad to work with him again. However, I am also open to working with different directors and exciting scripts. But no action and fight sequences please.”
- In 2010, he played supporting roles in two Tamil language films, Goa and Easan. Subsequently, in 2015, Vaibhav worked in many Tamil films like Bramman, Damaal Dumeel, and Kappal. In an interview, he talked about the role he played and his shooting experience for the Tamil film Kappal (2015) and said,
I took at least 10-15 takes for many shots. If my performance is appreciated, all credit must go to director Karthik, as he ensured that I struck the right balance between overaction and subtlety. Even though we have Karunakaran and VTV Ganesh to provide some laughs, I have to carry this project, a situational comedy, almost single-handedly. I play a similarly effervescent character. In fact, one scene in which I pester the heroine to fall in love with me is pretty much along the lines of the famous Mr. Chandramouli scene in the film. “I call her ‘ chellakkutti ’ in that scene. It was another that took 10-15 takes.
- In 2016, Vaibhav made guest appearances in many Tamil films like Aranmanai 2, Hello Naan Pei Pesuren, Iraivi, Muthina Kathirika, and Chennai 600028 II.
- In 2019, he appeared in the Netflix film RK Nagar, wherein he played the role of Shankar. Subsequently, in 2022, he worked in the Tamil-language film Buffon, wherein he played the role of Kumaran.
- Vaibhav, during an interview, talked about his Tamil film Sixer in which he played the role of a person suffering from night blindness. According to Vaibhav, he was advised by the director of the film to shoot a few sequences with his eyes closed to make his role more authentic. Vaibhav said,
It was quite hard to shoot a few sequences with my eyes closed. Many scenes had me wearing glasses but the director told me to close my eyes for the sake of authenticity. That’s when I realised how difficult it is for those who suffer from sight-related disorders. We were extra careful to make sure we didn’t hurt anyone and there is also justification in the climax in the form of an emotional sequence.”
- In 2021, he made his digital debut with the Disney+ Hotstar web series Live Telecast in which he played the lead role of Shankar.
- In 2023, he appeared in the lead role of Chella in the Sony LIV series Accidental Farmer & Co.
- Vaibhav is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions. In a social media post, Vaibhav shared that his favourite beer was Hoegaarden.
- A fitness enthusiast, Vaibhav often posts his pre-workout pictures on Instagram.